- Beach culture with attitude
- Eastern suburbs
- 11 km from city centre
Why go there
Bondi is one of Sydney’s most eclectic and exciting precincts. In winter Bondi comes alive with an array of events such as the Bondi Bergstation Ice Skating Rink.
On a beautiful sunny day take a walk along the promenade experiencing Bondi’s carefree sun-drenched lifestyle and stop in at one of the many cafes and take in the view. If you are in the mood for shopping, Gould Street is home to a number of local designer fashion stores or wander up Curlewis Street and browse through a few Bondi local’s art galleries.
To discover other stunning beaches nearby, take the coastal trail walk to Tamarama (also known as Glamarama), Bronte and Coogee via a scenic boardwalk and be sure to keep a look out for whales passing by as they migrate north for the winter.
Things to do
- Do the Bondi-to-Coogee scenic cliff walk – take a stroll, have a swim and sip a latte at a café along the way.
- Enjoy a gelato at the elegant 1920s Bondi Pavilion.
- Watch the Bondi lifeguards run lifesaving demonstration activities, or even participate in the program.
- Take a dip in the Bondi Icebergs surf pool, one of Sydney’s iconic locations.
- Dine at sunset with spectacular ocean views at various restaurants at Bondi Beach.
- Flickerfest, the short film festival in January.
- Bondi Winter Magic June / July
- Sculpture by the Sea in November.