Cycle routes, events and maps
Around NSW there are plenty of places to go cycling on mountain trails, in national parks, through vineyards and rainforests, and along beachside cycle paths. They range from short, easy rides suitable for the whole family, to half-day and full-day rides through some of the most beautiful scenery in the State.
Find out everything you need to know about cycle routes, bike hire, mountain bikes, cycling events and where to get good cycle maps so that you enjoy great bike riding in NSW.
- Make your travel plans easier by hiring a bike to start exploring on your own, at your own pace.
- If you’d like to travel with fellow cyclists, join a cycling tour.
- Keen to participate or just want to enjoy the spectacle of a big bike event? Find out about cycling events in NSW.
- Looking for the best cycle paths in the State’s many national parks, forests and reserves
- Many towns and regions in NSW have established cycleways. Find out where they are and print your own map.
- Check out these safety tips to make sure you and your family have a safe cycling trip.
NSW highlights for cycle touring
Contact visitor information centres in these locations to make the most of your cycle tour.
- The natural beauty of the Blue Mountains on a mountain bike tour.
- Cycling through the Snowy Mountains in spring when the landscape is awash with wildflowers.
- A tandem bicycle tour around the Hunter Valley vineyards.
- Wine tasting at the slower pace of a bicycle ride in Mudgee.
- Cycling around Lord Howe Island where bicycles are the best way to travel.
- Spectacular cycling in the rainforests of Nightcap National Park in The Tweed.
- One of the 20 easy rides along Central Coast cycleways.
- There are 18 great bike rides around Narooma, Tilba and Bermagui on the South Coast.